WINTER LEAGUE & TRAINING
@ Cross Center, 495 Duckers Road, Midway KY
Format: Tuesday practices & Saturday games
Dates: Jan. 7-Feb 29
Practice Begins Tues, Jan. 7
Games Begin Sat. Jan. 18
Tuesday practice/training schedule:
K/1 (boys/girls) 5:30pm-7pm
2/3 (boys/girls) 5:30pm-7pm
4/5 (boys/girls) 6:15-7:45pm
*Pro trainers will handle skills development, devotional & confidence seminar each Tuesday while 1-2 parents will be allowed to coach teams & run team practice time. Michael Lee of Hoops for Christ will be the league director & coordinator.
COST: $120 per player. Jersey included
Pay online or contact Lee Rainwater to arrange payment plan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Info: Join us for this Beginner's Academy & League with our Hoops for Christ staff. This will be a fun, encouraging & learning environment for young players to fall in love with the game while working along side pros. This will be skills development focused for fundamentals & learning basic concepts of the game. Each session we'll be doing skills development, confidence seminar, devotional & playing a game.
K5 through 5th grade
- Hoops for Christ uses basketball as a platform to share the word of Jesus Christ and offers a competitive league in a fun and Christ centered environment.
- The Hoops for Christ league is led by the Nike Basketball Director of Kentucky
- The Hoops for Christ league offers training, instruction, coaching and encouragement from collegiate and professional basketball players. The training staff teaches the fundamentals of the game of basketball and focuses player development.
- The Hoops for Christ league teaches confidence building skills
- The Hoops for Christ league offers a staff that includes:
- Professional trainers that are former High School, Collegiate and professional basketball players (playing in 14 countries) and a college skill development coach.
- The Hoops for Christ staff have trained: NBA and professional overseas level players, collegiate level players, High School level players and youth basketball players.
Our focus is on the development of each child spiritually, in character, confidence & skill level. We offer competitive league games as a secondary focus for players to work on the skills they've been learning in the training sessions, devotionals & confidence seminars. Confidence building seminars include helping young players handle anxiety, fear of
failure, frustration, lack of aggression and many other issues that are common among young athletes in youth sports.